Harry Connick, Jr.
Joseph Harry Fowler Connick, Jr. is an American singer, musician and actor. He has sold over 28 million albums worldwide. Connick is ranked among the top 60 best-selling male artists in the United States by the Recording Industry Association of America, with 16 million in certified sales. He has seven top-20 US albums, and ten number-1 US jazz albums, earning more number-one albums than any other artist in the US jazz chart history. Connick's best selling album in the United States is his 1993 Christmas album When My Heart Finds Christmas, which also is one of the best selling Christmas albums in the United States. His highest charting album, is his 2004 release Only You which reached No. 5 in the U.S. and No. 6 in Britain. He has won three Grammy awards and two Emmy Awards. He played Grace's husband, Dr. Leo Markus, on the TV sitcom Will & Grace from 2002 to 2006. Connick began his acting career as a tail gunner in the World War II film Memphis Belle in 1990. He played a serial killer in Copycat in 1995, before being cast as jet fighter pilot in the 1996 blockbuster Independence Day. Connick's first role as a leading man was in 1998's Hope Floats with Sandra Bullock.
- Born: September 11, 1967 (age 52), New Orleans
- Spouse: Jill Goodacre (1994-04-16 to present - Marriage)
- Aliases: Connick Jr, Harry, Connick, Harry, Jr., Harry Connick Jnr, Harry Connick Jr, Harry Connick Jr., Harry Connick Junior, Harry Connick, Jr, Harry Connick, Junior, Joseph Harry Fowler Connick Jr., The Vice-Chairman of the Board
- Children: Charlotte Connick, Georgia Tatum Connick, Sarah Kate Connick
- Height: 6′ 1″ (1.854m)
- Websites: http://www.harryconnickjr.com/