Billy Bob Thornton
Billy Bob Thornton is an American actor, screenwriter, director and musician. Thornton made his first break with co-writing and starring in 1992 film One False Move and came to international attention after writing, directing, and starring in the highly acclaimed independent film Sling Blade, for which he won an Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay and was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actor. He appeared in several major film roles following Sling Blade's success which brought him a bigger international recognition and critical acclaim including U Turn, Primary Colors, Armageddon, A Simple Plan which earned him his third Oscar nomination, Monster's Ball, Bandits, The Man Who Wasn't There, Bad Santa, Intolerable Cruelty, Love Actually, Friday Night Lights, The Alamo, Eagle Eye and Faster. Thornton is cited as an anti-film star who approaches his roles like a character actor and rarely accept roles in blockbusters. He has been vocal about his disrespect for celebrity culture, choosing to keep his life out of the public eye. However, the attention of the media has proven unavoidable in certain cases, his marriage to Angelina Jolie being a notable example.
- Born: August 4, 1955 (age 64), Hot Springs
- Spouse: Connie Angland (2003 to present - Domestic partnership), Melissa Lee Gatlin (1978 to 1980 - Marriage), Toni Lawrence (1986-04-05 to 1988 - Marriage), Cynda Williams (1990 to 1992 - Marriage), Pietra Dawn Cherniak (1993-02-18 to 1997-04 - Marriage), Angelina Jolie (2000-05-05 to 2003-05-27 - Marriage)
- Aliases: Reginald Perry, Thornton, William Robert (Billy Bob) Thornton, William Robert Thornton
- Children: Amanda Thornton, Bella Thornton, Harry James Thornton, William Thornton
- Height: 6′ 0″ (1.83m)
- Websites: http://www.billybobthornton.net/